Future Imperfect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant"

+8
alinkens
Charlotteoneye
Erin
Sophia
beldinyyz
RMatthes
MichelS
Derek
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant" Empty Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant"

Post  Derek Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 pm

[UPDATE: We have added more information about the event!]

"To anyone in within a fifty-mile radius of the settlement of Catalyst, you are in imminent danger. This is Commander Cassius Ten, Commander of the Armed Forces of the Dougherty Caste, Forward Evolution Initiative. The sirens you hear are an automated early warning system, designed to warn of catastrophic colony-wide events. Our last encounter with these sirens was followed by a massive neutron-bomb detonation at the heart of where Catalyst now stands. We've secured a small bunker within Aleph Complex that should be deep enough to block the neutron radiation, but it has only a limited amount of available space, so please come immediately and pack as little as you need to survive the coming months. We will establish a perimeter around Aleph Complex to maintain order, until such time as we must withdraw to reach minimum safe distance. After that, you are on your own. This message will be automatically rebroadcast every two minutes. If you can hear this, please hurry. You don't have much time...

... To anyone in within a fifty-mile radius of the settlement of Catalyst, you are in imminent danger...."

We are proud to announce our upcoming Winter Event:

Future Imperfect: Apocalypse Ascendant
Saturday, February 4, 2012
1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Sturbridge Host Hotel

Registration is now open. Go to http://www.future-imperfect.com/ and follow instructions there.

A block of rooms will be available at the Sturbridge Host once registration is open. Simply mention "Future Imperfect" when booking your room to receive the discount rate of 109.00/night.

As we did during our previous years, we'll be hosting a dinner outing at the Oxhead Tavern, located on the hotel grounds. Feel free to join us for food, drink and our annual awards ceremony, where we regale you with our most memorable (and humorous) moments of the last year.

We hope you're as excited as we are for our return! Keep your eyes on this post for more information over the next few days!

Last edited by alinkens on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:54 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added registration information)

Derek

Back to top Go down

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant" Empty Re: Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant"

Post  MichelS Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Not to jump the detonation, but does that mean all the devices we don't bring with us or the immobile ones get wasted?

Michel Stango
Glitch

MichelS

Back to top Go down

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant" Empty Re: Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant"

Post  RMatthes Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Sounds pretty FOIG to me!

RMatthes

Back to top Go down

Post  MichelS Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Perhaps, but what’s not FOIG is my limited car space.

MichelS

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 pm

If it is immobile, don't worry about bringing it to the one-day event.

If it can be carried, I recommend you bring it.

How game items will be handled is a FOIG situation, but we can let you know this much.

Hope this helps,
Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  MichelS Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Ah, thank you.

MichelS

Back to top Go down

Post  beldinyyz Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:34 am

Is there an in-game date for this impending boomathon? Given Mama Cauchy hasn't completed her assignment yet (and it's indoors) what IG month is this happening in?
beldinyyz
beldinyyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:54 am

Jordan is four months old. He was born in early July.

Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 am

I expect we'll follow the same date format that we did throughout the campaign, which would make the game date:

CY 04:02:04:13:00:00

However, anyone who had any time-sensitive game goals will be given leeway to account for our absence, so no need to fret there.

Hope this helps,
Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  beldinyyz Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:59 am

So much for the baby gender pool. Oh well, I'm sure the fact that everyone could die before the day ended would put a damper on the wagering anyway

<grumble mutter>

Ori's alter ego
beldinyyz
beldinyyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm

If I recall correctly, Jordan is a gender-ambivalent name. Therefore, the pool is on, methinks!

Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:14 pm

exactly!

And for the nerdy who are wondering why the baby's name is Jordan, google "Jordan Curves" because apparently I have to have an account for seven days to post lniks.

Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  beldinyyz Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Begging your pardon, sir and ma'am, but if Jordan was born in July, and it's now November, I'd be hard pressed to believe nobody has looked yet. Even if they didn't talk about it, the fact that the gender has been determined would tend to kill action. Unless nobody has peeked, and Jordan's Gender is some kind of quantum event, of course. Schrodinger's kid? (spelling approximate because I'm too lazy to go look it up)

I'm all in favor of betting on a sure thing, of course, but not when someone else knows that sure thing, and I don't.

Ori - Informed Wagerer

(Leaving aside Ms Cauchy's initial post " Jordan is four months old. HE (emphasis added) was born in July)
beldinyyz
beldinyyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 am

I love it! Jordan is in a box and for now is both a girl and a boy.

But, that aside, you are assuming that Sophia and Jake are just prancing upon the colony with their little bundle. Not a good idea. You've never met Jordan. And, I could be lying about the gender. I could have my little girl dressed up like a boy, or my little boy wearing a bow on his head just to throw off your wager. For that matter, Jordan could have been liquefied and the remains are currently stored within a baby bottle and carried around for emotional reasons!

Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  beldinyyz Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

While all that is possible, none of it is PROBABLE. The most likely state of events is that the gender was determined male. Of course, by my stating that publicly, the wizards at plot could be debating whether to redact that determination and make enough noises to throw the whole thing in doubt.

Someone once said that when a statement becomes part of the event, it becomes unknowable (or something like that.) Given that plot apparently WANTS the gender unknown, and can rewrite it if they want, I suppose the pool is back on.

Of course, Ori would STILL appreciate inside information anyway.
beldinyyz
beldinyyz

Back to top Go down

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant" Empty Registration Details???

Post  Erin Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Yes, I'm impatient.

Registration for the one day is set to begin in less than 48 hours. How? Where? How much? Inquiring minds (and bank accounts) want to know.

Erin

Back to top Go down

Winter 2012 Event: "Apocalypse Ascendant" Empty need more NPC's?

Post  Charlotteoneye Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 am

Are you guys going to need any extra NPC's for the winter event? I'm in the clear for that weekend and would love to come out and help out.

-M
Charlotteoneye
Charlotteoneye

http://www.wix.com/michelasoubliette/home

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 pm

Absolutely! We can always use more NPCs to help us out! Thanks for the offer!

Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  alinkens Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:08 am

Registration open..

Please follow the following link to register:
http://future-imperfect.appspot.com/
alinkens
alinkens
Admin

https://future-imperfect.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Art Phoenix Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:38 am

Ok the date of this impending doom is CY 04:02:04:13:00:00. The message that is being broadcasted states you don't have much time. So does that mean the colony is not hearing that until the above-mentioned date or has that announcement been going on for the past few weeks in game and don't have much time means you only have 3 months or so? just a question to know how or if there should be any coraspondance via the "in-game" board.

Thank you,

Mike Iacoviello

Art Phoenix
"Can't kill a man born to hang"[right]

Last edited by Art Phoenix on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : signature)
Art Phoenix
Art Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Derek Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Greetings!

Mike brought up a good point. The timetable for the event is as follows:

-2 Hours from Game On: Warning Sirens begin to blare from Aleph Complex with no explanation

-1 Hour from Game On: The message begins to broadcast on all radio frequencies, warning of neutron detonations on the surface of Catalyst.

Game On: FEI Dougherty troops form a perimeter around Aleph Complex to ensure an orderly entrance into the bunker and to prevent riots. Catalyst citizens enter the bunker.

+5 Hours from Game On: Neutron detonations are expected to begin across the surface of Catalyst.

Hope this clears things up,
Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophia Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Great, the Doherty Caste is our savior...this leave a bad taste with anyone else?

Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post  Art Phoenix Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Yes, thank you Derek.

Mike Iacoviello

Art Phoenix
"Can't kill a man born to hang"
Art Phoenix
Art Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  beldinyyz Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm

You mean apart from wondering if the whole thing is a scam to loot the compound, and maybe kill us all? Naw.

Ori's a bit of a cynic sometimes, Ori is.

beldinyyz
beldinyyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Amber Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Jeez, guys, what did the Dougherty Caste ever do to you guys to make you so untrusting?

Oh, wait.

Riiiiight.

Amber R.
Amber
Amber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next